Here is the final installment of the 30 Days, 30 Songs “The Remixed List” (Songs 21-30).
21. Your Favorite Holiday Song. Tough to say, as an atheist I still like Christmas and holiday music (much as Ayn Rand did when asked if it was appropriate for atheists to celebrate Christmas). I like a lot of the Mannheim Steamroller and TSO re-makes. Dunno why, but this is the one I really like – it’s somber and haunting, but I love it; “Coventry Carol” by Alison Moyet. I also really love “Winter Wonderland” by Annie Lennox.
22. Your Favorite Song from a Broadway Musical. Hurm, this could be tough, since I’m not a real big fan of either Broadway, nor musicals. Although I have seen a few (Evita, Rent, Chicago, Miss Saigon), and I’ve even bought some music without having seen the shows (Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ, Super Star). I think I’m going to have to go with “The Phantom of the Opera” – it’s just awesome.
23. Your Favorite song from a Non-Musical. I’m going to have to go with one of my favorite artists of all time here, “Love Song for a Vampire” by Annie Lennox.
24. Your Favorite Song from your Favorite Diva. Oh hey, I wonder who that might be, maybe Annie Lennox? Yup, probably. Actually my favorite song by her is a cover from her amazing album of covers called Medusa. “Ladies of the Canyon” by Annie Lennox.
25. Your Favorite Song from your Favorite Male Singer. I have very little music by male solo artists. I have quite a few albums by bands that are fronted by male singers however. And I rarely pick, or keep “favorites.” So that makes this category problematic. I think I’m going to have to go with “In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel.
26. A Song They’ll be Playing in Hell. Hmmm, a song that would be hell to listen to for all eternity? Or more something that sort of glorifies evil doing, or just being naughty? or something that is so cool it’s sinful? Or just one of the many songs about Hell itself. So many ways this could go… I think I’m going to go for a great tune from an amazing TV Show/Movie (The movie wasn’t so great, but the TV Series was); “Satan” by Orbital and Kirk Hammett (Metallica’s lead singer). Another possibility it this great tune, “Heroin” by Billy Idol.
27. A Song by an Artist or Band Who You Wish You had Seen Live, but Never Have: I’ve always wanted to see this band, but the two times that they’ve come to the USA in the last 10+ years I’ve not had the funds available to go – it really irks me! Dunno if they’ll ever make it back to the US, but I hope I get to see them some day. Rammstein – “Sehnsucht”
28. Your Favorite Song by Someone Who is Dead. This song jumps immediately to mind. It is so moving for me, it’s almost too difficult to listen to, but it’s SO good. It’s an amazing cover of an old Nine Inch Nails tune; Johnny Cash – “Hurt”
29. Your Favorite Song from the Year You were Born. I was born in 1966, and looking at the list of songs released that year – there are a TON of songs I like on that list! The Monkeys, Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Mammas & The Papas, Beach Boys, Byrds, and a bunch of others, OY! So many to choose from! I think I’m going to have to go for “Along Comes Mary” by The Association
30. A Song from the Best Performance You’ve Attended. Well, that was a Pink FLoyd concert back in the 90’s down in Phoenix/Tempe Sun Devil Stadium. It was totally amazing. Just awesome! Words cannot describe it, to be honest. If you’ve seen “P.U.L.S.E.” That’s the concert I went to. Here is some of the awesomeness; “Take it Back” by Pink Floyd from Pulse.